Wednesday, November 05, 2008

[Book] Jodi Picoult - My Sister's Keeper



6am now. Hey hey hey! Rise and shine, but I haven't even sleep yet. =_=" Don't have to remind me that I am still in US time zone. My stomach's growling, my eyes drooping but I don't want to sleep just in case I oversleep later. But I am still thinking whether I should go out or not.

A book that I manage to lend from a good friend. It's the type of book where you can't stop reading it until you finish it but *gulps* I took more than a few months to read it.

It tells a story about Kate having a rare leukemia disease, and Anna, a designer baby born to donate parts of her blood, bone marrow and parts of her body to her sister. Anna files a petition towards her parents for 'forcing' her to help her sister. Does Anna have the rights to make her own decision over her own body? Is Anna selfish because she wants the best of herself and not wanting to help her sister anymore?

I think the best part was the ending. I don't think I cried so much for a book. Yes, i am an emo sillo person. A book really worth reading, plus I found a lot of meaningful quotes in this book.

- No matter who you are, there is some part of you that always wishes you were someone else

- Who we are isn't so much about what we do; but rather what we're capable of when we least expect it

- Love is when you care more if someone else lives more than you do about yourself

- It doesn't take a whole long life to realize that what we deserve to have, we rarely get

- You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not

Next: Jodi Picoult's 'The Pact' :)

1 comment:

~Mun Mun~ said...

I love this book too!!
Actually I love every bbok jodi picult wrote..XP
Suspense kao kao..XP
Go read "The Pact"...
It's not bad too..=D