Thursday, August 23, 2007

[Holiday] Langkawi 140807 - 170807

Sorry for the late posting about my recent "Visit Malaysia Year 2007" trip during my 1 week mid semester break. Was waiting for my friend to pass me the photos and also didn't have time until now as I had to study for my OB assessment today. Sucks big time. Failing it for sure.

140807, Tuesday

The previous night I slept for 16 hours from 5pm to 9am and therefore the whole night I was wide awake. Perhaps half excited and slept too much, I didn't sleep the whole night. Got ready by 5.30am and Edmund came and fetch me to Ker Ying's house whereby her mum fetched us to LCCT. Thanks aunty!

Believe it or not, it was my first time going to the LCCT, and my first time taking Air Asia. Haha, but I assume that many people reading this has not taken Air Asia before though.

The platform for our boarding

Being a low cost airline, don't expect air-conditioned tunnels for you to board your flight, don't expect good looking flight attendants to lead you to your seats. Just walk as if you're walking at a pasar malam.

Even the air stewardesses smile lesser.

After an hour, we finally landed in Langkawi! And we noticed that the 'Welcome to Langkawi International Dialogue' signboard was still up (The event that I went to work for the last Langkawi trip. Come on lah, already over leh the event!) After settling the payment for our rented Iswara, off we went for our trip! Woo hoo! We went to the Holiday Villa beach to find the uncle to pay for our island hopping and Pulau Payar trip but no one was there. And it began to rain! Totally spoiled our mood. Then we went to Cactus, just opposite Holiday Villa for our breakfast. KY and Ivy had American breakfast, Ed had his mushroom cheese omelette and I had this rolled beef omelette set.

Then, we went and check in at Perdana Beach Resort (thanks Lorraine!) but the apartment is not ready until 3pm so off we went to the Underwater World. Entrance fee is RM38, MyKad holders RM28, students RM20. Stupid of me not to bring my student ID. (Lesson: Bring your student card every where you go) Nothing super special there. Fishes, reptiles, penguins etc. Didn't manage to see the feeding sessions all.

After that, we went back to the apartment, on the way we fetched KY's bf - Louis at Casa del Mar. After washing up and a bit of resting, off we went to Kuah town for shopping! First we went to see Ivy's ex-quarters when she had her training here, then we went to Westin Hotel to kepoh. Very nice environment. They have 3 swimming pools! And guess how much is their buffet breakfast? Freaking RM55! Holy "cheap"! Then stopped awhile at the jetty. After that, we had our dinner at Wonderland, a chinese restaurant. Food was so so. Then we went to Teow Soon Huat to shop for goods. Overall, I find TSH sells things that are quite cheap. Their alcohol and chocolates are quite cheap. And much variety also. After that, we went to another area that has many duty free shops to shop somemore. After that, we went back and rest.

150807, Wednesday

Woke up at 8am for island hopping. It was sunny at first, but when we reach the Holiday Villa beach, it starts to rain (again!). Grr. Called up the uncle and he say can go. We left the beach and started to look for a place to have breakfast when another guy called saying that we can go. Since it's only drizzling so we decided to give it a try. We drove to the Awana Porto Malai beach and waited there for 20 minutes to board the boat with another 2 couples. We went to 3 places:

Tasik Dayang Bunting: The island that looks like a pregnant maiden.

Then we headed to the lake for a swim. We had to climb flights of stairs for 5 minutes before you can reach the lake. And you're accompanied by flocks of monkeys waiting for you to feed them. When you go there, do not carry plastic bags because they will snatch it from you.

That's Ivy, me, KY and Louis =) All so leng lui and leng chai hor? (Except me lah) But too bad! All single but unavailable... Muahahaha.

Eagle Feeding - Then we were driven to god-knows-which-part-of-the-sea-we-are-at to feed eagles. At first I thought the boat driver will wear a glove and feed the eagles with their hands, mana tau it's just throwing food into the sea and all the boats make a circle and watch the eagles dive down to grab the food. Chey!

Then off we went to Pantai Beras Basah. Erm, I don't know why is it called Wet Rice Beach cuz I don't see any Wet Rice there. Tee hee! Nothing special. Stayed there for 1 hour then off we went back to the main island.

Since we haven't take our lunch, we drove to the Korean restaurant to see what's nice to eat but the owner said it's full. So we went back, bath and headed to Sun Cafe instead. On the way there, I had headache and felt very cold. And I started falling sick.

Sun Cafe, very nice place. Nicer if you go at night. Visit the toilet when you're there. And there's a lot of 'ladyboy' working there. If...you know what I mean. :p

When I went to the toilet, wow, nice nice... Then I went into the cubicle... Wah lao eh!

I feel so... "empty".

Pineapple Fried Rice. Nice =) With curry chicken.

After that, beh ta han, I need to go back and rest. Slept for awhile but didn't sleep well. Guess it was the bed. My back hurts.

At night, we went to Pantai Cenang area to shop from one end to the other. Gosh, I felt so sick. Oh, and I met Khai Loon there who's doing his 6 months training there. Halfway it started to rain. Guess the rain really spoilt everybody's mood. Tried to find a Chinese restaurant to eat dinner that has porridge (thanks to me. sigh!) Tried Orkid Ria but many people waiting so went to Laman Ria (opposite Pelangi Beach Resort, next to the Paddy Museum) The food is quite nice. And the waiter was erm... very entertaining. Was ordering drinks when I ask sick people can drink what. "Ngo dei yao leong cha loh... guai lou geh." =_=" (We got herbal tea... mat salleh one.) Meaning beer lah. When he ask what size of the dish we want (got small, medium and large) "Lei dei oi zhung ding gan geh?" (You all want good (medium) or evil one?) =_=" and also "lei dei oi giu gai mou?" (you all want to order chicken or not?) Those who understand cantonese will know what it meant.

We ordered mostly seafood. Didn't eat much though. Vomited in the toilet. So so so sorry edmund, ivy, ky and louis for making your trip so sueh... sigh, i feel so bad. sorry sorry sorry.

Then we went to Pelangi hotel to see KY's quarters. Wah liao eh, from lobby have to walk 10 minutes to the quarters. I nearly died on the way. Samore staff cannot sit buggy cars. Everyday walk 20 minutes can lose weight seriously. Then I cannot stand anymore, need Edmund to fetch me back and sleep. The others went out again to see the lighthouse. Only when I come back KL that I found out they didn't go. They went and fetch Louis back and buy medicine for me instead. Aiks. So sorry... :( Didn't sleep well that night also. Thanks to the bed. I hope it's not me who spoilt it :p

160807, Thursday

The day we're suppose to go Pulau Payar. Again, gloomy day. So we went to Helang Hotel to have their buffet breakfast (RM19.00nett) It was ok lah for the price :) After that we went and tour the whole island. To be specific, tour the whole island's nice hotels. :p The Andaman, Datai, Tanjung Rhu, Four Seasons etc. We also went to the Crocodile farm (just pass by :p), the Black Sand Beach and the Waterfall. Throughout the day, stomach was very pain. Went to the toilet for more than 5 times! Great. Sick at the wrong time. Then, as we were at Kuah town, we went and buy movie tickets for the show Ratatouille. Then we ta pao Marry Brown back to the apartment to eat. Sigh, sick people can only eat porridge. Sobz.

Perdana Beach Resort's terms were that housekeeping wouldn't be done when there are guests living inside. When we left the apartment this morning, the mahjong tiles were messily spread
out on the table. When we went back to the apartment, suddenly Edmund shouted "Who arranged it one?"

Holy shit! Got thieves enter our apartment! We quickly go check our belongings. Ker Ying's wallet was missing! Then we looked at the beds, eh, why was the bed made? Chey, rupa-rupanya the staff came in and did housekeeping =_=" And they put Ker Ying's wallet somewhere else. KNN! Scare us. Samore you know what month is it ler...

We played a few rounds of gin rummy and then got ready to go out. We went to a japanese restaurant, Unkaizan to have our dinner. The restaurant is located near to Awana Porto Malai. The staffs there are very friendly and nice. There were 2 Japanese girls working there. They are really polite and nice. Very sweet girls :)

We had Nabeyaki Udon, Sushi Udon Set, Saba Shio, Salmon Sashimi and one chicken stew rice. Forgot what's it called. Erm, the price is like KL price, but the sushis and handrolls are quite expensive. But the saba shio is very nice! :) It's Pacific Mackerel grilled with salt and served on a small charcoal griller. Very unique.

Then, I took the RISK and drove our MANUAL iswara to Kuah town for our movie. I guess the 3 of them sat in the car waiting to jump out of the car if anything happened. It was my 2nd time touching manual cars (don't count during driving lessons and exam la) and my 1st time only lasted less than 5 minutes. But the journey was okay, only stopped once, while going up hill. I hate going uphill. Luckily no cars behind :p Now that i'm back in KL, i miss driving manual!

Ratatouille - Some people fell asleep in the cinema. But I actually liked the movie. Maybe because of my profession. :) "Anyone can cook" :)

Then we headed back to the apartment. Edmund said we 'but zui mou guai' (fong). Must drink until drunk before going to sleep. But everybody was too tired. Played a few rounds, drink a few glasses I already blur blur dee.

170807, Friday

So fast. The last day of our trip liao. Supposingly wanted to go sit cable car but it was raining heavily. Sigh. Stupid weather really spoilt our trip! So we slept until 11am, pack everything and check out. Went to Bonton to take a look, then went to the cat shelter Louis is working, then had our lunch at Coco Beach Restaurant. After that went to the Lighthouse.

This is the first time I seen such big teapot in a restaurant.


Mong meh mong... Mei tai guo leng 'ngao' ar? Chiu!

We had a teochew style steam fish, a big pot of tomyam, a curry leaves crab, a butter prawn, and one vege. Wah, I was so full until I can't walk. But quite expensive though to eat there. Hmm...

After that, we drove to the airport. Gave back the car and waited for our flight to go back to kay-elle. That's all. Really a waste thanks to the weather. If not I would have went to more places :'(. Nevermind, there's still next time :) Thanks Ivy, Ker Ying, Edmund and Louis for the wonderful trip! So sorry I troubled you guys so much. But really thanks for all the fun! :)

No comments: